The Bermuda Beacon was started in August 1941. This monthly safety magazine was created for the air base personnel and was named by the personnel – Benjamin Schwartz (Bermuda Base Contractors) and Loring Cox (Mail and Records section, U.S.E.D.). The newsletter focused on safety subjects,news and notes of interest for the entire air base personnel. It continued publication until April 1943, concluding with the end of major work on the Air Base, and the termination of the original construction contract. The publication was limited to a 700 copy print run.